恭王府Prince Gong- Kung Mansion Located in 17 Qianhai W St, Xicheng District, Beijing, China, 100035- China – People’s Republic of China Prince Gong’s Mansion, also known as the Prince Kung Mansion, is a museum and tourist attraction located in Xicheng District, Beijing, just north of the Shichahai Lake. It consists of large siheyuan-style mansions and gardens. In which It consists of large siheyuan-style mansions and gardens. Originally constructed for Heshen, an official highly favoured by the Qianlong Emperor, it was later renamed after Prince Gong, a Manchu prince and influential statesman of the late Qing dynasty, who inhabited the mansion in the late 19th century. covers an area of 6.112 hectares. In the forty-five year of Qianlong (1780), the academician He Shen was ordered to build this mansion. In the first year of Xianfeng (1851), the Qing court awarded this mansion to Prince Gong Aixinjueluo Yixin. Therefore, the name of the mansion was given.
Prince Gong’s Mansion is the largest palace complex in the Qing Dynasty. It has gone through the historical process of the Qing Dynasty from its heyday to its decline. It carries extremely rich historical and cultural information. Therefore, there is “a Prince Gong’s mansion, half of the history of the Qing Dynasty”. Statement.
The historical evolutionally elements of恭王府Prince Gong- Kung Mansion consisting many elements of halls, buildings and great halls. Heshen Mansion In the forty-five year of Qianlong (1780), the academician He Shen was ordered to build the ten princess mansion.
Bestowed to Yonglin In the fourth year of Jiaqing (1799), Emperor Jiaqing gave Heshen’s house to his younger brother (the seventeenth son of Qianlong) Qingjun Wang Yonglin, who was the palace of the Qing Dynasty. In the 25th year of Jiaqing, Wang Yonglin of Qingjun died and was inhabited by his son and descendants…..
Prince Gong Mansion In the 30th year of Daoguang (1850), Emperor Xianfeng bestowed the palace of Qing Dynasty to his sixth brother, Prince Gong Yixin. On April 22 of the second year of Xianfeng, Prince Gong Yixin moved to this mansion and was originally called Prince Gong’s Mansion. In the 20th year of Guangxu (1894), Prince Gong died, and his grandson Puwei attacked Prince Gong…..
Architectural Pattern Summary
The buildings of Prince Gong’s Mansion are clearly divided into East Road buildings, Middle Road buildings and West Road buildings. The buildings of each road run through the entire residence and courtyard from south to north in a rigorously symmetrical manner, with a clear layout.
Middle Road Building There are mainly two buildings on the middle road, Yin’an Temple and Jiale Hall. Yin’an Temple, commonly known as Yinluan Temple, is the main building in the palace and the main hall of the palace. It is mainly used to hold major ceremonial activities in the palace and is only used for major events or festivals. In 1921, because the owner accidentally burned incense and caught fire, the main hall was burned down together with the east and west halls. However, the grandness of this hall can still make us feel the majestic and majestic style of the palace. Yin’an Temple is five rooms wide, with the top of Xieshan Mountain, and the main hall is made of green glazed tiles. The architectural paintings cannot use the emperor’s exclusive Hexi colored paintings, but the highest grades in the revolver paintings can be used, such as the gold-cut ink stone grinds the jade, the dragon brocade and the heart. Sitting dragon is available.
Jialetang is located behind Yin’an Temple. It is the last entrance of the building on Gongwangfu Middle Road, the front corridor, the five-bay room, and the hard top of the mountain. The “Jia Le Tang” plaque hangs directly above the gate.
East Road Building – The front yard of East Road is Duofuxuan, and the back yard is Ledaotang.
Duofuxuan in the front yard is the living room through the hall. The main function of the second hall is to receive guests, relatives or subordinates who give back and forth to things, and can also store gifts from the emperor. At that time, the hall was surrounded by plaques with the words “Fu Shou”. The decorations in the house were all based on historical photos and were arranged according to the original situation. Many historical photos of Prince Gong’s Mansion were displayed.
The main house in the courtyard behind it is named “Le Dao Tang”, which is the largest one in the building on the East Road. In the time of Prince Gong, this was his daily residence. At this time, Prince Gong, Prince Yixin, Emperor Daoguang once bestowed the “Ledaotang” plaque, so this place may also be named for it.
West Road Building – The buildings and courtyards on West Road are more elegant than those on Middle Road and East Road. The main buildings are Baoguang Room and Xijinzhai.
The Baoguang Room is located on the west road of the mansion. It was used as a living room during the period of Heshen and King Qing. In the period of Prince Gong, it was a secret living room for receiving the prince and relatives. The most exquisite among them is the Baoguang Room. The inner and outer eaves are painted with colorful paintings. The most amazing is the painted paintings of the Chinese and foreign eaves, which were painted by the highest-level color painting technicians in the country at that time. The inner eaves are also beautifully painted. Lun Meihuan, “The golden patterns under the eaves of the mansion are all plated with real gold.” As early as the Qing Dynasty, this place was a resting place for Emperor Daoguang to pay homage to his ancestors. After this rebuilding, it is mainly used to display the ancient relics left by Prince Gong’s Mansion. The plaque in the Baoguang room is the inscription of Prince Gong Yixin when Emperor Xianfeng was visiting Prince Gong’s residence. It is of far-reaching significance.
Xijinzhai is a classic in the architecture of Prince Gong’s Mansion, and the one with the most historical memory is Xijinzhai. Plane convex shape, the east, west and north sides of the hall are two-story fairy buildings, and the upper and lower floors are separated by beautifully carved nanmu partitions. According to historical records, the construction of Xijinzhai with nanmu is the thirteenth crime of Heshen. It is said that the eunuchs under the Heshen faction studied and borrowed the architecture of the Forbidden City, requiring craftsmen to imitate the architectural layout of the Ningshou Palace. , Far beyond the building specifications that ministers can have. In the 6th year of Guangxu, Prince Gong Yixin obtained the earliest surviving calligraphy work of famous masters in my country from Chengxin Wangfu-“Ping Fu Tie” handwritten by the great scholar of the Jin Dynasty, Lu Ji, which he treasured very much. Xijinzhai”.
Back Cover or South – At the junction of the mansion and the garden, there is a second-story back cover building that connects the buildings on the East, Middle, and West Roads. The length of the entire building is about 180 meters, and there are 108 rooms on the facade, commonly known as “ninety-nine and a half rooms”, which means “surplus upon expiration” in Taoism. It is called “Zhanji Tower” in the east and “Baoyue Tower” in the west, which is particularly stylish. There is the only indoor landscape garden in the country to the west of the back cover building, using a “small labyrinth” created by five rooms. The front eaves of the back cover building are out of the gallery, and each opening on the back eaves wall is equipped with a window. There are assorted windows of different forms on the upper floor. In the shape of silver ingots, there are also “fuqingyu” composed of bats, chime and fish. The windows have fine brick carvings, simple and elegant, and are harmoniously unified with the style of the garden on the north side. There is an aisle door on the lower level of the one west of the middle of the building, leading to the garden at the back of the house. It is said that there are countless treasures from the gentry family. In order to remember where the various treasures are, it can be said that he racked his brains. He marked each room, that is, the shape of each window is different.
Take Beijing Metro Line 6, get off at Beihai North Station, and exit at the northeast exit of B.
Take Beijing Bus No. 3 , No. 4, No. 13, No. 42, No. 107, 111, No. 118, No. 612 or Sightseeing No. 3 and get off at Beihai Beimen Station.