In this year’s 2020, the second decade from the turn of the century in Beijing the Capital of China also the People’s Republic of China, in which is also the year of the rat, marking its six hundred years anniversary of the Forbidden city that marks the transitional point of in between the middle of the Ming Dynasty (1368- 1644) transitionally from Nanjing to Beijing towards the Qing Dynasty (1636-1644-1911) …. The Imperial Palace seen so many countless seasonally transitional equinoxes but further its six hundred years is iconic, but it’s five hundred ninety nine years it marks it Autumn Equinox…. In which it only took twelve years to build the same of the Daming Palace of The Tang Dynasty Xian Imperial Capital only it was least twenty times larger..
The location of the Forbidden city in which is located symmetrically palace halls arrangements is the East and West palaces are symmetrically distributed on both sides of the Qianging Palaces and Kunning Palaces are the main residences of the Concubines…
Qianging Palace The Palace of Heavenly Purity, or Qianqing Palace (Chinese: 乾清宫; pinyin: qiánqīng gōng; Manchu:ᡴᡳᠶᠠᠨᠴᡳᠩᡤᡠᠩ; Möllendorff: kiyan cing gung) is a palace in the Forbidden City in Beijing, China. It is the largest of the three halls of the Inner Court (the other two being the Hall of Union and the Palace of Earthly Tranquillity), located at the northern end of the Forbidden City. During the Qing dynasty, the palace often served as the Emperor’s audience hall, where he held council with the Grand Council.
Kunning Palace the Palace of Earthly Tranquillity (simplified Chinese: 坤宁宫; traditional Chinese: 坤寧宮; pinyin: Kūn Níng Gōng) is the northernmost of the three main halls of the Inner Court of the Forbidden City in Beijing, China. The other two halls are the Palace of Heavenly Purity and Hall of Union.
The Palace of Earthly Tranquillity is a double-eaved building, nine bays wide and three bays deep. In the Ming dynasty, it was the residence of the Empress. In the Qing dynasty, large portions of the Palace were converted for Shamanist worship by the Manchu rulers. Thus, the front part of the hall featured shrines, icons, prayer mats, and a large kitchen where sacrificial meat was prepared. From the reign of the Yongzheng Emperor onwards, the Empress moved out of the Palace following the Emperor’s move out of the Palace of Heavenly Purity. However, two rooms in the Palace of Earthly Harmony were retained for use on the Emperor’s wedding night. The wedding ceremony would be held in the main room, and afterwards the Emperor and Empress would retire to one of these rooms
The East Six Places is divided into two groups by the Middle East South Channel East Second Long Street in which looking at the west side in which East side is another post to tell..
The West side is Jingren Palace, Chengqian Palace and Zhongzu Palace ….. Each Palace has an independent courtyard with two entrances… In which there’s a Linzhmen in the South of the East Second long street
Jingren Palace, originally called Chang’an Palace, was built in 1420 in the Ming Dynasty and got its present name in the Jiajing Period. It was rebuilt in 1655, the 12th year of Shunzhi Emperor of the Qing Dynasty. “Jingren” means great humanity. This two-row courtyard remains the layout of the original construction built at the beginning of the Ming Dynasty. There is a white jade screen wall at the gate of the Jingren Palace. The wall is said to be a relic of the Yuan Dynasty.
In the Ming and Qing dynasties, the Jingren Palace was the residence of concubines. It is worth noticing that Concubine Tunggiya gave birth to Xuanye, the future Kangxi Emperor the Qing Dynasty, in the palace in March, 1654, the 11th year of Shunzhi’s reign. Besides, Senior Concubine Xi of Emperor Yongzheng and the mother of Emperor Qianlong and Concubine Zhen of Emperor Guangxu once lived in the palace.
Chengqian Palace…. Located in the Six Eastern Palaces, the Palace of Celestial Favor (Chengqian gong) is the Bronze Gallery with selected bronze ware datable to the Shang and Zhou (16th century-256 BCE) dynasties. During the Ming and Qing dynasties, it was the residence of imperial consorts and concubines, notable of whom are Lady Donggo, the beloved empress of the Shunzhi Emperor (r. 1644-1661), and Empress Xiaoquan (Lady Niuhuru), the biological mother of the Xianfeng Emperor (r. 1851-1861)…..
Imagines credit are from the Forbidden city –Imperial Palace –Beijing – China- People’s Republic of China..